He picked me up from my internship on Friday afternoon. It was finally nice-ish so he casually suggested we spend the afternoon on the Mall and take some pictures.
He was acting totally normal and we were just singing along to Super Bass driving into the district. He said he was nervous to call my dad to ask permission but was going to work up the courage this weekend. So I definitely didn't suspect anything. Of course he was lying to me and had talked to him earlier that week.
We parked at Arlington Cemetery and started walking along the Memorial Bridge towards the Lincoln Memorial. We started taking pictures and being goofy acting like asian tourists. I was saying how stressed I was about my test and Blake said he knew I had a long week studying so he bought me a surprise.
He pulled out a Georgetown Cupcake box and I happily began to open up my red velvet cupcake. Or so I thought...
I opened the box and found the most b.e.a.u.t.i.f.u.l ring in the world inside!
I looked up shocked and Blake got down on one knee and proposed. I started freaking out and screaming and shouted "yes yes of course!"
We began hugging and jumping up and down while the cars stuck in traffic next to us honked in approval.
It was perfect.


LOVE! I love reading proposal stories, they give me butterflies.
ReplyDeleteThe Case of the Missing Cupcake = unsolved mystery?
ReplyDelete