September 18, 2010

23!

Highlights of my 23rd birthday:

1. My home teachers Lance and Scott brought over brownies and ice cream the night before to visit and start my bday off right. Super cute.

2. I got on the wrong train to go to school (It was 7 am and I was not awake). So I had to transfer at the L'Enfant station to the blue line which should have made me about 15 mins late. But I got to class right on time! A birthday miracle.

2. Blake surprised me after class with 2 dozen cupcakes from CURBSIDE CUPCAKES! He bought enough for me to share with my girls during our 4 hour long clinic meeting. These were deeeeeelicious cupcakes and such a great surprise!

3. My supervisor loved my treatment plan for my first client on Monday. Serious birthday miracle.

4. Happy texts, phone calls and wall posts throughout the day

5. I had left over cupcakes so as I was riding the metro home I offered them to the strangers around me. One man asked "How can I trust you that these aren't poison?" I simple replied, "Dude I'm wearing a headband. You can trust anyone wearing a headband." Apparently he followed that logic because He dug right into a chocolate ganache.

6. Another business man took the last red velvet one and when our train stopped suddenly, the cream cheese frosting smashed all into his face. Hilarious. Without any napkins, he spent the rest of the commute just liking his face off.

7. Last night I was thinking about how all I wanted for my bday was people to talk to each other and be nice on the metro. So as I was stepping off the metro after sharing cupcakes with all my friends, the whole car yelled "Happy Birthday Stefi! Have a great day!" My wish came true! Another birthday miracle.

8. As I was exiting the metro, 2 guys with sweet accents commented on my cupcakes. (People here LOVE cupcakes, best way to make friends) So I asked if they wanted some. They told me they were from South Africa so didn't know if they could trust a DC girl. I jokingly asked them if they wanted me to lick the cupcake to prove it was safe. They said yes... so I went for it. I took a nice swipe of the the buttercream and they finished off the rest. Guess that was kind of strange come to think of it.

9. It was my downstair neighbor, Julie's, bday too so we all celebrated! All the girls went to Vapianos in China Town. Super chic, great atmosphere and food.

10. Riding home on the metro I started a pull-up competition with the strangers next to us. I was super hyper and egging some dude to bet on how many I could do. After I got the crowd into it, I performed exactly one half of a pull up. Then our little new friend totally showed me up and did like 6. He was looooooving life after that. People of the metro are great.



11. Adeline made an incredible ice cream cake for us! Some of our intern friends came over too to celebrate with us.


12. Steph and Dev left me a message singing Happy Birthday and it was awwwwesome. And my mom sang to me too, hilarious.

13. Blake and I got caught in a hurricane! It was insane rain and I loved it.

14. I went to bed the happiest 23 year old on the east coast.
Thanks everyone for all the happy wishes!

No comments:

Post a Comment