...As in Idina Menzel.
.....As in the star from Wicked and Glee. (side note: she is married to the most beautiful man alive.)
....As in I went to see her.
....As in I got to meet her.
....As in one of the best nights of my life.
My good DC buddy Sara (see her cute blog here), my roomie Lucy and other friend Dan and I all went to see IDINA MENZEL perform with the National Symphony Orchestra on Friday night at the Kennedy Center.
It's a beautiful hall and we all had a great time. The symphony is so classy, tons of old ladies wearing pearls and heels. Loved it. I'm def becoming a donor when I'm old.
The famous Marvin Hamlisch was the conductor for night and he was phenomenal as well.
My favorite songs she performed:
-I'm Not That Girl from Wicked
-Roxanne by the Police
-For Good from Wicked. She sang it acapella with no mic. Incredible.
-POKER FACE! I was dying. I love this song and she had the audience sing along.
-No Day But Today from Rent. I had never heard it before and it was beautiful. It's my new fav song.
She was a great performer and so hilarious. She told the best stories in between songs, including calling Beyonce a bi***
I snuck a pic. She's the glowing blue ball on stage.
Afterwards we waited in some huge crowd outside her door and I got to meet her and she even signed my playbill! I was sooo nervous. I could only smile and whisper "Thanks." How embarrassing.
*Best moment of the night: I bet Lucy $20 to look Idina dead in the eyes and start singing Poker Face to her and SHE DID! Idina even started laughing. It was amazing.
Idina signing Lucy's playbill
me + Idina= bff
We were all on cloud 9. Such a great night
So props to my girl Idina. Solid performance.
OH. MY. GOOOOSHHHHHHHH!!! aH!!! Basically sounds like the perfect night to me! And I had no freaking idea those two were married! oh my gosh! ah! So much hotness and talent in one couple. And I love the Kennedy Center. I just love it all. So much jealousy here in the SL.
ReplyDeleteThat's amazing!!! I'm so jealous! And she's a movie star!
ReplyDelete