June 22, 2010

Nostalgia


One of my favorite words.
And one of my favorite feelings.


I'm sitting here watching Father of the Bride with Steph and Autumn as we count down to Steph's wedding on Friday. As Steph diligently writes thank-you cards and Autumn quotes every line in the movie- I can't help but feel nostalgic.

I feel nostalgic for getting ready for high school football games in Elise's room.
for hot tubbing at Autumn's house after dances.
for watching Gilmore Girls every wednesday in Steph's loft.
for eating Bob's Brain Freeze every night in the summer.
for girly sleepovers eating popcorn and contemplating sneaking out.

Life is so fast, sometimes I wish I could just stop this train.


John Mayer always says it best:
"So scared of getting older
I'm only good at being young
So I play the numbers game to find away to say that life has just begun
Had a talk with my old man
Said help me understand
He said turn 68, you'll renegotiate
Don't stop this train
Don't for a minute change the place you're in"

I guess I can't stop this train after all so I might as well hop on and enjoy the ride.



No comments:

Post a Comment