May 26, 2010

May 25th 2010

8:00 am: alarm goes off. i rethink going to the gym and decide to sleep in. hey don't pass judgement.

9:10 am: hop in the shower to get ready for work. proceed to get ready for the next little bit while dancing and singing to Heart Breaker.

10:11 am: text Elise Happy Birthday.

10:45 am: Amy drops me off at work.

11:44 am: notice a missed call from a 703 area code. weird.

12:05 pm: finally listen to the blinking voice mail on my phone. It's Professor Bamdad from George Washington University wanting to talk to me about my application. He gives me his office AND cell phone numbers.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12:06 pm: start shaking from the shock and sit stunned for about 5 minutes.

12:12 pm: scream to my co-worker Kali that GW called me! We dance around the shop.

12:14 pm: customer walks in. blast. will have to wait to call professor back.

2:06 pm: finally get to call professor back and get his voice mail. drat. i leave a very professional sounded message.

2:12 pm: Professor Bomdad calls me back and after some small chat, he says "Well Stefi, I really just have one question for you...how badly do you want to move to D.C?" I reply with "You have no idea." Then he replies "Well then pack your bags because we want you out here August 24th for orientation. Welcome to GW." I proceed to gush a million thanks and end the call.

2:32 pm: call my mom. we cry.

3:10 pm: text a hundred people the good news.

4:15 pm: sell a gorgeous wedding gown.

4:44 pm: Kali runs to the store and comes back with a pink sugar cookie spelling Congrats in frosting. We eat BBQ chips and have a celebratory party. love her.

6:06 pm: Collie picks me up with a large Diet Coke with pebble ice to congratulate me :) We go to dinner to plan my life.

7:30 pm: go to my awesome Institute class but can't focus so I make a pro/con list about GW

9:45 pm: go to Colin's to eat licorice and watch Glee on his DVR.

10:44 pm: Daniel, Tyler and Colin all give me their opinions on GW and just leave me more confused.

12:15 am: Col drops me off and I lay in bed smiling until I decide to blog.




And that pretty much sums up the best day of my life.

In case you didn't catch that, I got into my dream school GW for this fall.

Hello East Coast, I've missed you.
Now I have a big big big HUGE decision to make.....

No comments:

Post a Comment