January 28, 2010

Don't kill me

Ok to all those bitter love people out there, don't kill me.

I love Valentines Day. Not the mushy oversized cards from 7-11, red roses (gross), sparkle purple heart streamers, or a justification for PDA to suddenly become appropriate. All those factors of Valentines Day suck.

But I do love walking down grocery store aisles lined with pink candy. Candy is so much cuter in pink heart shapes.

I love the excuse to do something cute and nice for people you love, not just romantically.

I love heart-shaped pancakes, cookies, toast, cakes...and cupcakes of course.

I love vintage Valentines.

I love the Valentines breakfast Steph's mom would make for us girls every year in high school.

I love passing out love notes and ugly Carnations at high school.

I love heart shaped Reesies (I know I'm not from the south but I think this name is cuter than Reeses PB cups), they taste infinitely better than the regular ones.

I love people getting dressed up to go on fancy dates when they would normally sit at home and order a pizza.

I love heart shaped pizzas from Papa Johns.

I love men stressing out over getting the perfect gift.

I love girls fretting over what perfectly pink outfit to wear.

I love chicken alfredo dyed pink...but turning out orange in the end.

I love jello jigglers in heart shapes.


I KNOW Valentines is cheesy and dumb and really just a "marketing ploy from greeting card companies to make more money."

But hey, if Valentines Day makes people express love more- I'm all for it.

So if you are bitter and choose to wear black this upcoming Febuary 14th...just don't tell me about it. Because I guess I'm just a cheesy, dumb girl who gets sucked into marketing schemes.


And I'm ok with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment