Blake and I had a great 4th of July. We found a sneaky spot to watch fireworks and bought new silverware! But as we were going to sleep Blake could sense I was a little sad. After some coaxing, I eventually blurted out I was upset about not having baked a 4th of July treat and began to cry. I'm big into traditions and my family always bakes a fun treat on the holidays. I even had adorable USA sprinkles to use! Some people think its weird to cry over sprinkles but that's just who I am.
Without missing a beat, Blake jumped out of bed and said "Well COME ON we've got to bake!" We hardly have any food right now so Blake got creative in the kitchen as I watched and dried my tears. He whipped up a very special 4th of July muddy buddy edition featuring Crispix and my beloved sprinkles.
Making up a stupid treat to make at 11 pm so your weird wife can use up her holiday sprinkles? Now THAT'S love my friends. And I sure loved married life.

Cute!
ReplyDeleteI love this slice of life story! Traditions make life more fun. Way to go, Blake!
ReplyDeleteok i ADORED this story!! You two make my heart melt. and your bridals are stunning!
ReplyDelete