August 04, 2011

"The older you get, the more you need the people who knew you when you were young"

I love that quote from one of my fav blogs, buffalo daily. And it has never been more true than tonight.

Steph met me at Cafe Rio for a much needed catch up then some quality Ikea time. Who else would make fun of my old boyfriends, tell me moving to DC was awesome, pick out school supplies, reassure me I have my life in control, reminisce about all the crazies we know and encourage my love of all things cupcakes?

A bestie.

From overall-wearing brace-faces in junior high to stealing boyfriends in high school to sharing a neighboring wall in college, we've been through it all.

Not to mention that one summer we fried our faces so bad our eyes swelled shut. We were wearing otter pop eye masks for daaays.
Oh to be young again.

1 comment:

  1. Ah yes, I remember that quotation. I think Baz Luhrman used it in his graduation speech that was later turned into the song about sunscreen.

    ReplyDelete