December 10, 2010

National Christmas Tree Lighting


My new favorite person, Miss Allie Barker invited me to go to the National Christmas Tree Lighting last week along with her cute roomies!
Despite sitting in 30 degree weather for 3 hours, I've never felt more festive. Everyone was so cheery!
We kicked off the festivities with a performance from Ingrid Michaelson and Sara Bareilles singing their "Winter Song."



Then walked in the OBAMA family! They are adorbale. He gave a very beautiful speech about Christ's message of love during this season. Good job to the staffer who wrote it.

Then we all counted down to lighting the tree! (Steph I filmed this just for you because I know you love stuff like this!)


B.B. King and Maroon 5 performed some of my fav Christmas songs and lead us all in a sing-a-long. I felt like I was in "Elf." It was the perfect study break! Thanks Allie! *And thanks for the pics!




*The cocktail party was a smashing success and I'll post pictures soon.....ish.

2 comments:

  1. thats amazing!!! so jealous right now. and you know me too well- i love things like that. by the way, your hair is way long! it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you could come! have fun at home!!

    ReplyDelete