January 20, 2010

What's with the cupcakes?


In my next life I fully intend to become a professional baker. To sit in a room creating delectable treats that bring people such joy would be....divine. Many have asked about my interest, dare say obsession, in cupcakes.

First of all, it's not about the cupcake.
It's never been about the cupcake.

It's what the cupcake represents.

These adorable miniature cakes tell someone "Hey it's ok. Chill out and eat some sugar" or whatever message you need to send. Cupcakes do the job. Baking a treat for someone is the best cure to any bad day I know of.

I mean who wouldn't love to open up a box filled with these after a hard day?

So I'll bide my time in this life as a Speech-Pathologist helping children with their lisps, funny R's, S's, or L's. But I'll hand out a cupcake or two along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment